About the Roundtable
The California Roundtable on Recreation, Parks and Tourism was founded in 1998 to encourage cooperation between public and private entities involved and interested in outdoor recreation, public lands and tourism in California.
The Roundtable's membership includes recreation, parks and tourism leaders from local, state and federal governmental organizations, private enterprises, user groups, environmental groups, educational institutions and the public.
The Roundtable is affiliated with the nonprofit California State Parks Foundation.
- To promote and coordinate cooperative efforts between members
- To increase understanding of and support for outdoor recreation
- To address issues of importance to the future of outdoor recreation
- To seek innovative and lasting sources of funding for operations, maintenance, capital outlay and acquisitions
- Co-Sponsored Partnerships on Public Lands Symposium (2012)
- Sponsored Public Lands Partnership Symposium (2010)
- Produced the California Children's Bill of Rights, 2004 (Governor Schwarzenegger endorsed the Children's Outdoor Bill of Rights, July 2007)
- Produced the Get Healthier Outdoors Symposium, 2007
- Produced Connecting Californians to the Outdoors Symposium, May 2005
- Sponsor of the 2005, 2006, and 2008 California Public Lands Symposium
- Produced California Visitor Capacity Management Workshop, July 2001
- Sponsored Campers in California, Travel Patterns and Economic Impacts, July 2000
- Sponsored California Cultural and Heritage Tourism Symposium, May 2005
- Produced a series of roadside rest map panels that highlight regional recreation destinations
- Sponsored Outdoor California, a printed guide to public and private outdoor activities throughout California
- Sponsor of the California Biodiversity Council "Children in Nature" meeting
To balance its membership, the Roundtable seeks recreation, parks and tourism leaders from private, non-profit and public sector. The Roundtable is especially seeking additional private and non-profit members.
|Click the link for membership information including the member roster.
Carol Johnson, Co-Chair
California Roundtable on Recreation, Parks & Tourism
2950 Peralta Oaks Court
Oakland, CA 94605
Laurie Baker, Co-Chair
Shasta Cascade | Redding Convention & Visitors Bureau